Well-executed account-based marketing (ABM) campaigns can benefit your business.
However, as with any strategy, there will always be a need for maintenance. You might wait for a drop in your conversions as evidence that it's time for a change, but why wait until then?
If you market to each client based on their demands, you may demonstrate your value and, in the end, boost income with that account. If your business is ready to try, here are some account based marketing tactics you should follow!
What is Account-Based Marketing?
Account-based marketing is a type of advertising that leverages your customers' behavior data. It's an innovative approach to reaching potential or existing clients and increasing sales, especially in B2B transactions where you can collect information about products before purchasing.
Account-based marketing (ABM) strategy targets only the focused prospects or specific organizations that fit the ideal profile of the products and services.
It provides significant opportunities for cross-selling and revenue growth with its unique personalized way of selling.
Marketing and sales efforts are tailored to suit the ideal customer profile for these privileged accounts, who may or may not be current clients of yours already!
ABM narrows your prospects, identifies who you want to do business with, and markets precisely to them.
Why is ABM a Good Strategy for your Business?
ABM is a great way to reach your set of target accounts with the perfect message tailored just for them. It has been growing in popularity because it concentrates resources on high-value target accounts within the market.
In addition, the personalized campaigns are designed to engage each account based on the specific attributes and needs of that individual user, making this strategy more effective than ever before!
In ABM, each client or account is treated as an individual account, and the marketing alignment and marketing strategies are planned for those specific companies or higher-value individuals.
Therefore, it can benefit B2B companies looking for new business ventures and have sufficient funds available.
They will not need extensive investments into rapid branding campaigns, company advertising strategies etc., but rather focus on individual client relationships instead!
How Can Video Improve ABM?
There are a few key ways that video can improve ABM. First, video can help you personalize your messages to potential customers.
People are more likely to respond to a personalized message than to a generic one, and video makes it possible to personalize your messages in a very authentic way.
Video also helps you build trust with potential customers—trust is essential in the ABM process. Finally, video can help you track the success of your ABM campaigns more effectively.
With video, you can see which leads convert into customers and track the overall ROI of your ABM campaigns.
Send Personalized Video Messages to Individual Accounts
You can easily send personalized video messages to individual accounts by using Videoform. This will allow you to record and send your message in just a few minutes.
You can also use this tool to track the results of your videos, so you can see how many people watched them and what is the video play rate.
Core Principles of ABM Approach
- Gather detailed information about target customer's purchase behavioral patterns
- Create ultra customization and personalization campaigns/content based on customer information and purchase behavior insights.
- Align sales teams and marketing teams
- Collaboration between sales and marketing team members throughout the sales life cycle
- Prioritizing on improving customer relation
- Focus on overall strategy and optimizing business standards
- To increase revenue
The Benefits of Implementing an ABM Campaign
- Provides larger scope for customer retention and customer satisfaction with one-on-one relationship building
- Highly-target initiatives drive business growth
- Personalized marketing experience
- Creates impact with specific named accounts
- Involvement of marketing in the sales funnel decreases the sales processes
- Aims at well-defined sales funnel to get precise results
Create a Successful Campaign With These Account Based Marketing Tactics
ABM uses a wide variety of innovative and engaging tactics to target key accounts. Marketing outbound activities like sending personalized video emails, targeted social selling and advertising, video prospecting, running targeted offers work well to achieve desired results from the key accounts.
ABM also focuses on capturing leads through inbound marketing techniques by posting relevant content on the website's targeted landing pages and sharing specific information on social media to capture leads from social selling.
A survey says that 84% of companies say that ABM works much better and converts lead effectively than any other type of marketing.
Here are some tips and tactics you can use in your next ABM campaign. Follow these steps carefully to create an impact on your campaigns.
- Create a customer persona to understand your target audience
- Start with a strong lead generation campaign.
- Make sure you have the right people on your team.
- Create a marketing plan to build awareness of your product/service
- Create a marketing approach that is personalized to your customer's needs
- Offer incentives for customers to share their contact information with you
- Create an account-based marketing strategy that is tailored to the individual company's needs
- Identify which channels are most effective for reaching out to potential customers and develop content specifically for those channels.
- Build relationships with key influencers in your industry who can help spread the word about new products or services
- Keep track of all conversions and follow-ups for each account.
- Reach out on social media, email, or phone calls instead of sending bulk emails or direct mailers
- Stay up-to-date on new technologies that could help improve your campaigns.
- Include a call-to-action in your email subject line
- Use the right channel for the message you're trying to send
- Don't be afraid to use humor - it's proven to increase engagement.
- Make sure your emails are optimized for mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Always provide value with each email you send out, even if it's just asking questions or providing feedback on their business or product.
- Test different creative ideas to see what works best for your audience before settling on one strategy that may not work as well as others.
- Give customers the opportunity to opt-in for future communications rather than bombarding them with irrelevant info.
Tools you can use in your ABM Campaign
Video prospecting and emails work best to share information and relevant content with your targeted audience.
Personalization is very important when it comes to account-based marketing. So what's better than video, which is the most common way to share information and engage prospects to make a great first or everlasting impression?
- You can use video and blast an email campaign to your target key accounts.
- You can personalize videos to share information related to your products and services.
- You can share demo videos or unique offers and communicate the same using videos.
There are many tools available in the market to share videos. But only very few offer a panacea to get the best results from your marketing efforts.
Videoform is one such tool that lets you record a video from your mobile devices or laptop/desktop and share it with your specific account or individual prospects in a personalized way.
Videoform has a call to action button feature that will let your prospects take desired actions, communicate their interest in your products/services, and get back with any questions. It works best for both parties.
Tips On How to Measure Success and ROI from an Account-Based Marketing Programs
- Track your key performance metrics (KPIs) and report on progress regularly.
- Be creative! Experiment with different marketing channels like email, social media, digital ads, etc., and find out which ones work best for your business. Eliminate the ones that don't work.
- Use data analytics in Videoform to make better decisions about whom you should target and what content they'll be most interested in.
- Invest in a CRM that supports ABM campaigns.
We have just spent the last 10 minutes talking about tactics to improve your account-based marketing campaigns. To wrap up in a few words, you should focus on account-based marketing to generate qualified leads for your businesses.
In this blog post, we've explored the most effective tactics for account-based marketing campaigns that can help you grow your business. If these strategies resonate with you and your goals as a company, register to VideoForm today!
Our team is ready to work closely with you on creating an ABM campaign tailored specifically to your needs. I promise it will be worth the investment in both time and money to see how much of an impact video has in growing your customer base.