We all know how important videos have become in the digital age. It's a powerful way to communicate with your audience, and it can even help you generate more sales for your business!
Video is like a powerful weapon in sales reps' arsenal that will help tremendously in the sales process.
Recording yourself on video! Even if you are an expert or feel comfortable on camera, this task may seem daunting. Luckily, there are some easy ways to record a great video of yourself quickly and easily.
In this guide, we will be discussing 10 tips to record a GREAT video of yourself - so read on! But there is one major problem.
When Should I Record A Sales Video?
A video is used in video messaging when you want to convey a message to your prospects or customers in a humanized way. It is used as video prospecting when sending a sales pitch or proposal to your prospects. A prospecting video can be sent in an email and improves open rates too.
You should use a video message when you want to:
- Improve your digital footprint and create engaging content for your audience
- When there is a business opportunity and want to interact effectively with your prospects
- When your sales teams want to connect with prospects in an engaging way
- Introduce your business by personalizing and humanizing the content
What Type Of Video Should You Use?
There are many types of video content that you can create, like cold outreach videos, demo videos, case study videos, testimonial videos, etc. You can record a video for multiple purposes, and there is no limit to the usage of video content in your sales activities.
But in this post, let's focus on recording a video for a sales pitch for a personalized video and one-on-one video.
One-on-one video can be recorded and sent as a tailored pitch for each prospect. This way, you can engage prospects better by having the perfect tone in your voice! Both types of videos are helpful for sales reps, and their use depends on the situation and the stage of the sales life cycle.
Videoform is an excellent tool to create one-to-one videos to make prospects feel like they're a part of something bigger than just a meeting or demo. By personally recording themselves advising on how best to work together and what else might be going on in terms of contracts etc.
With Videoform's easy drag n drop interface, anyone with minimal tech skills will have no problem creating professional one-on-one content in minutes! You can also record your screen for effective pitching.
Personalized video is perfect for any business looking to stand out from the competition. They're great at boosting your conversion rates and can be stored in your library so that you don't have a limit on how many people you can share them with or view them.
They're not just for lead generation. Producing personal video content is more time-consuming, but it increases the effectiveness of each individual contact with prospects or customers - so much that they can be used in every situation.
10 Tips For Recording A Great Sales Video!
1. First Things First: Research Your Prospect
It's always a best practice to know about your prospect to tailor-make your pitch.
- Conduct some internal research and see if you have any old emails or phone calls with them from before. Review correspondence that may exist to get an idea about who the key players are within this industry.
- By gathering insights into current trends, both major ones like those happening right now plus minor details that happened two weeks ago, you'll not only understand your prospects' unique needs but also show off how knowledgeable YOU really ARE when all these different aspects come together!
2. Draft Your Script
- Now, use all the information you have researched to make a draft and make a personalized pitch in your video.
- Always make a document ready so that you can read your pitch straight away, so you don't fumble trying to remember your pitch in front of the camera.
3. Choose Your Timing
- Choose the time where there is natural sunlight or natural lighting at its brightest.
- Also, pick a time when you are your brightest and cheerful self to record your video.
- If you are a morning person, try to capture your video in the morning when you are the most energetic.
- Background of your video is always very important.
- You can edit your background according to your needs with the newest technologies, but a natural background always spells authenticity.
- Try to add natural lighting and record videos in green spaces to make your videos a good impression.
- Depending on the client's business, you can also record your video in a park, office conference room, or gym. There are no rules here. Just make sure your background is not too loud and noisy and doesn't dominate your pitch or you in the video.
You should pay attention to the gear and the recording device used to record your videos.
6. Devices Used
You may choose to use a point & shoot camera, webcam, a DSLR camera, or a phone. Whatever you pick, make sure your video quality is good and clear.
Make sure the video is not pixelated out. If you choose to record your screen from your laptop, tablet, or phone, ensure your front camera provides a good quality image and sound.
7. Set Up & Shoot
Make a checklist of all the things you need to shoot/record a video of yourself for a stress-free recording.
Now that you are ready with everything you need to record a great video of yourself, all you have to do is dress up for the occasion, smile, and get started with the video.
Don't forget to be confident and comfortable.
Take as many takes as you want until you get the result you desire. You will get used to it if you give it time.
If you are making a recorded video of yourself, once you take the video, make sure to edit out the awkward pauses and the parts that don't make you sound confident or comfortable.
If you are recording video directly to send to your clients, practice several times before recording the final version, relook at the pitch, and hit that send button.
9. How To Send the Video
It turned out great! You are done with recording the video. Now, how do you send your personalized video pitch to your prospects?
10. Send Video To One Prospect At A Time
Simply go to Videoform, upload video and customize according to your requirements, Add call to action, and send.
How Do You Send Your Video To Multiple Prospects At Once?
Videoform has a CRM integration, where you can pick the CRM of your choice, copy the link and paste in your email clients and schedule your outreach email campaign.
Get 7 days free trail to see if it fits your business needs!