Did you know that 74% of people would rather watch a video than reading text on a website? Video prospecting is becoming more and more popular with sales teams, in part because it creates trust faster and speeds up deal cycle.
Video also has the potential to generate higher conversion rates, as well as increase brand awareness. Statistics show that video is an important aspect for any company looking to grow its business.
It is also a great way of presenting information cohesively that your audience can quickly understand.
Let’s discuss some of the most interesting video prospecting statistics!
What is Video Prospecting?
Video prospecting is the process of reaching out to potential customers through video content. It has grown exponentially in recent years, and is a great way to connect with your audience and grow your customer base.
It allows you to reach people where they're already spending time: on YouTube, LinkedIn, Gmail, or other online platforms.
Whether it's introducing new products, sharing company updates, or highlighting services, there are many ways that businesses can use videos effectively to generate sales leads.
It helps create an emotional connection between brands and prospects by providing helpful information and entertainment while showcasing product benefits and quality work. All without forcing viewers into an artificial relationship via text emails or commercial breaks.
Video Prospecting Statistics
Video has become a major step for forward-thinking businesses looking for the best ways to communicate with potential customers. It is an amazing medium for reaching out to people who may not be inclined to read about your products and services. Video prospecting statistics show that:
- Video outperforms other forms of online marketing on websites, landing pages, or ad campaigns by 24%. (HubSpot)
- 82% of companies believe videos are an effective part of their sales process, with 79% finding videos more enjoyable than reading long-form content. (source)
- Companies using video also had 20% higher conversion rates during the first 30 days after implementing it as part of their strategy versus those without videography in place.
- Video generates 50 times more shares than text and images combined while maintaining 100% recall. (source)
- 90% of sales reps report that video is important to qualify leads, engage prospects, or influence deals. (Business Wire)
- According to recent sales prospecting statistics, top-performing reps favor video as it is quickly becoming a favorite. (Smart Insights)
- When the sales team uses video emails, there is a 13% hike in open email rates.
- There is a 26% increase in replies from prospects. (SalesLoft)
- Shorter videos of 60 seconds are more effective because 5% of viewers will stop watching them all the way through after one minute. (Source)
- Click through rate of video is 47% (Acuity Ads)