I am betting that Asynchronous videos are the future of work Peter Arvai,
CEO of Prezi.
The world is changing. Remote work culture is affecting people worldwide.
Forget checking your email, connecting via videoconference, or even texting someone to reply - asynchronous videos are now the preferred mode of communication.
Demand for screen recording and asynchronous communication solutions has been on the rise since last year's coronavirus pandemic - after all.
Popularly known as async videos, this type of video functionality where video recordings or screen sharing videos can be shared across teams and gives flexibility with where they want to work.
Difference Between Synchronous and Synchronous Videos
If you need to be on the same page with your team, colleagues, or clients, but the location is an issue, synchronous video conferencing can help.
However, if it's the ease of use that you're after, you can rely on some of these platforms like Zoom meetings and WebEx for their "meetings as easy as 1, 2, 3".
Synchronous videos allows for quicker collaboration because it is easier for multiple parties to view material at once in real time rather than waiting for e-mail attachments back and forth.
Asynchronous communications are back-and-forth conversations with a gap in between messages, or one-way communications that may be received by an audience when convenient.
For example, one person might share something and the other might respond at a later date or time once they've had time to process what was said. Video messaging is another good example. This category includes recorded, asynchronously delivered videos.
Are You Wasting Too Much Time on Zoom Calls or Writing Lengthy Emails? Try Videoform
Asynchronous videos are not just interesting but also offers many benefits. For one, it's very easy to create asynchronous videos via Videoform.
All you have to do is record or upload your video with a script or go extempore.
Humanizing & personalizing content has never been easier. Here is a list of benefits of using Asynchronous videos on Videoform.
Benefits of Asynchronous Videos
One of the most powerful and engaging elements of a video meeting is the individual voice.
Asynchronous video is a fantastic communication and collaboration tool. One of its major advantages is that it may save you time by shortening or cutting meetings, emails, and IMs while maintaining the connection.
- Replaces on-demand video calls with well planned video emails
- Can personalize to suit prospects requirement
- Delivered real-time and works just like instant messaging
- Make remote working fun and effective
- Humanizes content and establishes a connection
- Reduces the stress from immediate attention
- No need to respond immediately
- Improves focus and quality of communication with lesser interruptions
- Gives more control over communication and content
- Can add a call to action
- It can be shared globally without worrying about time zone differences
- Integrates with CRM
- It can be shared across multiple platforms
- Easy to create and share
- More interactive than phone calls or zoom calls
- Less video calling fatigue
- Establishes a two-way communication
Scenarios Where Asynchronous Videos Come in Handy
- Send in emails as video emails
- As video messages to share on social media like LinkedIn
- Training videos or demo videos
- Meeting summary as a recorded video
- Holiday greetings
- To coordinate with team members across globe
- Status update sharing
- Live stream recordings
The Bottom Line
Asynchronous video is a new form of marketing that can help you reach more customers.
But it has some complexities to figure out before you start using it.
If you're interested in learning more about asynchronous video, try Videoform!