Exit intent popup messages are a great way to capture leads. With exit intent, you can display a message box on your site that appears when the visitor is about to leave without converting.
This prompts the visitors to convert and stay on your site, which increases the chance of a conversion.
But what if I say you can add an intent popup with video instead? Yes, it is possible to add an exit-intent popup with VideoForm!
Let's dive in…
What is an Exit Intent Popup?
It takes time and resources to attract people to your site. You want to make the most of every opportunity to turn them into paying customers or subscribers when they arrive.
Exit intent popup is intended to catch people who scroll past genuine content and avoid taking action. It's not just a simple pre-rolled text banner; with VideoForm, you can add an interactive video to capture the audience's attention.
The idea is that if the visitors haven't converted yet, they may be interested in what you offer and will stay.
When a consumer is ready to leave your website, you've missed an opportunity. Video popup techniques aid in the capture of emails in that final few seconds.
The benefits of video popups are:
- Better than text popups
- Includes human interaction
- Email list growth
- Improved conversion rates
- Acts as an elevator pitch for your website
- Generates leads to your email list
How to Add Exit Intent Popup on Your Website?
Here are the steps to follow to add a video as an exit intent popup on your website:
- To begin, click on the VideoForm extension in the top right corner of your browser.
2. Select the camera mode, you can record a personal message with your computer's webcam.
3. You will have a 3-second countdown before you begin recording something to attract website visitors.
4. You can record again, if you are not satisfied with the video and continue to customize the video with CTA and thumbnails.
5. Click on “embed & other share options.”
6. Click on “Exit intent” and “Get Code.”
7. Then, click on “Copy to Clipboard” to paste it on your website.
8. This is how it will look like:
Exit intent videos are an increasingly popular way of capturing people's attention and providing them with more information on the product they were planning to buy.
If you're looking for a way to increase conversions and drive more sales, then video popups is just what you need.
This technique has been proven repeatedly by marketers who have used it on their websites, but if you want an expert opinion before committing yourself to something new like this one idea, let us know!